Batshit Crazy.....

.....I said to Kramar a few weeks ago that 'Batshit Crazy' would make a great title for a challenge blog post - well far be it for me to disappoint, but now more than ever, the title seems wholly appropriate!

The Winter Fan Dance is fast approaching, a little over two weeks away or on a slightly more positive tact, a little under three weeks away! Before the break for Xmas I had got myself into a decent routine of double dipping my cardio sessions - a run first thing in the morning, before leaving for work, and an hour on the bike in the evening upon getting back from work. Then Xmas strikes and with as much tradition as the mince pies and Xmas turkey, the virus hits, this isn't just Man-Flu, whatever hits me, makes Man-Flu, feel like a sniffle. Even tying my shoe laces was enough to do me in for the whole day, so contemplating training was a no-no, and I guess if I'd even tried, the wife would have hit me harder than the virus, that had taken over every muscle in my body. I can't remember ever feeling that bad, whether it be a combination of the end of year wind down and the body telling me it had had enough for the year or some lovely person had managed to pass on their lurgy remains to be seen, but whatever it was, meant I didn't even attempt to lace my running shoes until 30th December, which meant almost 10 days without training. 

We were staying with friends in Essex for the weekend and into New Year, so used the opportunity to run on familiar turf (or tarmac as the case may be). I got 5 miles out of the legs on Sunday evening just to loosen off and then first thing New Years Eve morning, I laced up the boots and strapped on the bergen, and did an old familiar hill circuit, that is still used by the running club I used to be a member of, more years ago, than I care to remember. I managed to get three circuits done which included four hill climbs, and to be fair considering how shocking I had felt previously I was quite happy with that, and although with just under three weeks to go, there still feels like a lot of work to be done, and that I will not be ready, I will approach my training and the event in the same manner I did the Paras'10, with guts and determination. I know I have the heart, and sheer grit to give a good account of myself, and have just enough 'batshit craziness' to ensure come 19th January, no matter how tough it may be, I will endure and I will achieve my latest tribute to my little brother. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's been emotional.........

Beyond the last blue mountain.....

30 days to go (no need to paniccccccccccccc)