2013 A New Challenge.........


As I see it, a challenge is only a challenge if you're putting yourself through something that isn't the norm, something that takes you out of your comfort zone. Now you will all be familiar with the events myself and quite a few friends embarked upon last year. The easy choice would always be to say well I/we've done those challenges and we've raised a wonderful amount of money in the process for some incredible causes £16k actually, so, we've done our bit and we can rest with pride, on our laurels.

We did what we set out to achieve, the trouble with achievement is though, it makes you hungry for more. For me, last years two events were about changing my mindset, because life had taken over and a once very fit man had been replaced with someone that was a mere shadow of the man he once was, albeit twice the size! Well not quite, but in January I started the year at a bulging 16 1/4 stone and will finish the year dipping in at under 14. That's a measure of progress in itself.

I used my brothers desire, hunger and focus to inspire me to return to that same man I used to be, admittedly in terms of fitness I still have some way to go, but that man, that my brother would recognise as the older version of him, is back. That desire, hunger and focus courses through me like it did when I was a younger man, but if anything that determination and will to succeed is even greater, why? Simple, to continue to do Lloydy proud, because I'm inspired to inspire,like he did, because I feel the legacy he left, and what he was, is enough to make a difference not just to me personally, but to so many.

The personal challenges remain the same, I still have to continue to deal with losing my brother and my best friend, but I'm lucky I have the most incredible and wonderful people in my life to make that possible, but the goals change. 2 Paras'10 events become 3, we throw in The Fan Dance, Winter and Summer editions, maybe a Nuts Challenge and a Dirty Weekend and all of sudden we've got ourselves a challenge, so I challenge you all my wonderful friends and family, join me, challenge yourselves, challenge others, help me and us create an achievement that betters last year - go on you know you wanna xx

Links to the events:

http://www.thefandancerace.com/index.html

(I'm informed by the Race Director that there are only approx. 70 places left before they close registration)

http://www.paras10.com/

http://www.thenutschallenge.co.uk/

http://www.ratracedirtyweekend.com/

As last year we will continue to support The Parachute Regiment Charity as our main charity, but next year I would like to replace Help for Heroes with The Army Widows Association, I feel its a little more appropriate and again, I would like to continue to ensure that Lloydys daughter is secure in her future. 

http://www.armywidows.org.uk/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's been emotional.........

Beyond the last blue mountain.....

30 days to go (no need to paniccccccccccccc)