Oh........

..........and whilst I'm talking about tips, if your Bergen is well packed but over the 35lb, leave it be! It turns out I had 46lb at the weigh in and thought it would be a good idea to remove some, can't argue with the logic, it is a good idea - if you repack it properly! At 5 miles I was feeling sore, by the finish, the skin on my lower back had gone. I can live with that, if that's the rub for coming through 10 gruelling miles relatively unscathed, however, Coley, my mate, pointed me in the direction of Germolene New Skin, it works wonders he says, stings a little he says! After Caz had finished applying it, after 5 mins of me laying on my hands so I didn't bust stuff up, biting down into a screwed up towel, I'm surprised I didn't tear him a new arse! Stings he says, what he means is it feels like someone's taking a blow torch to you. I've had nearly 50 hours of ink work on my back this year, and I can honestly say I would have sat there for 50 hours straight and been in relative comfort in comparison, hell I'd have done another 10 miles starting with the friction burn and been infinitely more comfortable! So the moral of the story is, well two morals are: if a friend smiles and says it stings a little and you know he's a bit of a mentalist anyway, steer clear, knowing that crazy bugger he probably would use it for eye drops, and secondly if you have a perfectly packed Bergen and its overweight, leave well alone, take it on the chin and dig in, otherwise you'll end up feeling like your being dug out!

More of a BSTD, than those hills....


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's been emotional.........

Beyond the last blue mountain.....

30 days to go (no need to paniccccccccccccc)