4 weeks to go.....

.......and counting. These last 6 weeks or so seem to have flown by, before we know it we'll be in the banter wagon on our way to Catterick! The boys continue to do themselves proud with their training and more of late with their sponsorship badgering efforts (especially Jono and Brooky). In the last week we have topped the online targets for both The ParaCharity and Help for Heroes and I couldn't be more proud that we are able to make a little difference in what is ultimately a tribute to my brother. We have so far raised £7.5k and that's just what I know about, I'm informed there is more to come! A couple of weeks into my 'gettingaheadofthegames' training and I was promptly thrown off course by a week from hell at work, which meant early mornings and late nights and no opportunity to train. I met some of the boys (John M, Craig, Coops and Pete) Sunday morning over at Friday Woods in Colly to get a full kit and pack run in, but say it was tortuous would be an understatement. We managed to knock out 7 miles, but after the first mile I didn't feel comfortable, by the time I was able to drop the pack off my back, it felt like a whole months good work had gone out the window. Coops and Craig flew round in so much as its possible in full weight and pack, but they looked pretty comfortable. Pete went around the first lap pretty well considering it was his first effort with pack, but by the second lap the troubles with his knees began to take hold, and John had to battle all the way around with problems that weren't knee related, it seems a new muscle problem has reared it's head. 

But it's still 4 weeks until we cross that line and I know we have the determination and all the inspiration we need. I got some comforting words from my sis-in-law when I returned, dripping, and I told her and Caroline how it went. She said that Lloydy would often feel the same way, miss a few days and that first session back would be harder than any previously, but after a couple of sessions it would come back. To be fair running this morning, I still felt quite stiff, but ran pretty comfortably and for the first time in a long while without any hammie issues..........4 weeks doesn't seem that far away, but it's more than enough time to make sure the prep is as good as it can be. I'm probably guilty of putting too much pressure on myself, I'm going to to be honest considering the soldier my brother was, that pressure is a result of my own doing. I know I have nothing to prove, other than to him, that I can do it, because I know, that he knows I can. And I will, we all will. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's been emotional.........

Beyond the last blue mountain.....

30 days to go (no need to paniccccccccccccc)