3 weeks to go.......

.......it's Monday evening and I'm sitting here watching Enter the Dragon! It's ridiculous that even a few hours without training in some way, seems like wasted hours, but that's the mindset I'm in now. Bear in mind I ran home from work this evening after running into work this morning. It's only four miles in both directions without the train journey but miles nonetheless. I did 9 miles on Saturday in trainers, just so I could get a decent run in, but it was redders, and as we all know the hottest weekend of the year! I was running pretty well, but at 6.5 miles really could have done with a breather, just to regulate myself, but 'Dont stop me now' comes on the iPod, so I think I'll have a breather when it's done. It's just as I'm readying myself for said breather when 'Brothers in Arms' starts playing. Most will not understand the significance of those two tracks, but 'Brothers in Arms'  was the track Lloydy was brought into at his service, and 'Don't stop me now' was the song that was played as he was taken from the chapel to be laid to rest. My iPod is constantly on shuffle, and this happens most times
 I'm out for a run. Just as I feel I'm struggling a little and I need a kick up the arse, 'Brothers in Arms' will begin to play and at the moment it's as if he's there with me, telling me I don't need that breather, and that I'll get it when I'm done, he wasn't one for stopping! 

Caz was shopping in London all day so after some lunch I took myself off to the gym for a couple of hours conditioning. Over the last weeks I've found a love for the weights again, and have already put back on the best part of half a stone. It wasn't what I intended, but I find it hard to get in the gym and not try and push myself harder. It's a tough one, because I'm trying to trim down, and I kind of hoped that by now, I would have resembled a Greek god, but I don't think I'm meant to be trim! But I'll keep trying, maybe by Paras'10 2013!!

We've had some incredible donations over the last few weeks and as a result we are closing in on £9k all told in donations that I'm aware of. Jono, Craig and Brooky have really stepped their efforts in recent weeks and there have been sizeable donations from Peckles work colleagues and Coleys company, it really is incredible the support we've received and believe me when I say I'm completely humbled by it, I just hope come three weeks time we do all that incredible support justice. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's been emotional.........

Beyond the last blue mountain.....

30 days to go (no need to paniccccccccccccc)