After..........

.......the 3rd Stag do outing of the year, this time in the Paris of Eastern Europe - Budapest, the body has either not come to terms with the punishment yet or indeed it has and I've come out of it relatively unscathed! I'm not sure which way I'm erring, but I went for a run in full kit and full weight in the Bergen Monday evening, and was in rag state, it wasn't pleasant, actually that's an understatement, it was chuffing torture. The first few hundred yards were horrible, it was almost like I was trying to move house, and carry the bugger from the foundations! Gradually I settled into a decent rhythm, and for the next mile and half felt ok, not great but I thought I'll get round 4 miles in relative comfort, then smash! Right into a wall, the lower calves and the achilles began to protest and to say I was at that point regretting the decision to go out and giving it the 'charlies' is again an understatement. I proceeded to limp round the remaining 2 miles in relative discomfort tabbing when I had to, giving it a blast when I could. Now what worries me is that after a '48 hour eating is cheating' weekend, the body hasn't woken up yet from it's drunken slumber and worse is yet to come or indeed that's about as bad as it'll get and I was just dusting off the 'turbo-shandy' cobwebs. I'm hoping it's the latter, otherwise the confidence is gonna take a hit as hard as that wall I hit! Still thankfully between now and the event, there are no more stag do's, a couple of weddings to contend with, but I think for the next 8 weeks I shall be taking a seat on the wagon. However, it only makes me admire my little brother more, because to be fair I think he spent most of his army life on the smash when he wasn't in theatre and some how still managed to resemble a machine! I asked my sister-in-law after Monday's effort how he did it.......she replied "Fook only knows lol", I think I do, desire, determination and a good dose of Pernod and Black! Cheers little brother xxx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's been emotional.........

Beyond the last blue mountain.....

30 days to go (no need to paniccccccccccccc)