2 more throwing.........

.............themselves into the cause! We are now up to 18 strong, Stevie Elliott a close friend of Lloydys and mine, is taking part in the event on Sunday 21st October in Colly and Chris (Abbo) Abbott one of my oldest friends from our exuberant youthful days has decided he's not doing one event, that he's doing both! Stevie is an ex-Para, so knows what he's let himself in for, and at nearly 42 Abbo is easily the oldest of us (it's no longer me, that's all I care about haha), although  he's still kicking a football about, so his fitness levels are still pretty decent. He's begun training with a pack on already (last night, apparantly running to football with it on) and his wife Sam, has decided it's her cue to put him on a diet! Really very proud to have two more wonderful friends standing by my side at the start line come 1100 on those two Sundays.

Well July is here and we are all but 9 weeks away from the first event, the boys are really getting the miles under their belts and I reckon that most of them, as I do, have the Paras'10 Training Programme on the fridge. June was a bit of non-event for me, with my 40th birthday and all the surprises Caz had planned for me, training became, just getting it done when I could. July has hit back with a vengance though and now I'm following the programme the event really does seem to be looming large! Now only time we tell if we prepared well enough for the event and I obviously can't keep track of everyone to ensure they're putting the effort in, but one thing is for sure, we have all the inspiration we need to get us through and I can guarantee there will be no shortage of Airborne Spirit!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's been emotional.........

Beyond the last blue mountain.....

30 days to go (no need to paniccccccccccccc)