Saturday.......

.......gone, saw the 1st anniversary of Lloydy passing, and if there ever was a reminder of why we are doing this, then there is no bigger pull than that. I miss my little brother every day, I obviously don't need to state that, but significant dates have a way of ensuring that that loss hits home.........very hard.


John and I were in Hereford at the weekend and began Saturday morning with a run to see Lloydy, admittedly we underestimated how far it was, some of the hills, the headwind and generally how soul destroying the route is from the Starting Gate to Credenhill, but nonetheless, we started so we knew we had to finish! Turns out it was only 3.5m there and obviously the same back, but a decent effort at 8 in the morning, with a few beers the night before and on an empty stomach! But again his example spurred us on, and to be with him, by his graveside, sweating profusely meant a lot to both of us.


Significant dates are by far the hardest, and dealing with them is still very difficult, I don't suppose they'll ever get easier, but over time I guess we find a way of dealing with them. It was my 40th two weeks ago and in a little over 4 months I'll be getting married, events that I would do anything for, for him to be there, but he can't, so doing things to celebrate him and pay him tribute will always be a big focus for me. In a little under 3 months, his example, his inspiration, his determination, will be pushing us on to complete the first Paras'10 in Catterick and 6 weeks later the 2nd event in Colly. I guess that's become my way of dealing with things, the easiest way to keep his memory alive. We all have our heroes (some real, some fictional, and sadly some that are no longer with us), people we aspire to be like, traits we wish to have, maybe if we thought about the example they set, if but for a moment a day and if you're prepared to dare all................you can win all!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's been emotional.........

Beyond the last blue mountain.....

30 days to go (no need to paniccccccccccccc)