Stirring up a hornets nest......

...........Friday I sent round a little 'message' to my fellow 'Ally' team members, it went something like this:

"Boys, call me paranoid if you wish, but a fair few of you have been quiet of late, so just wanted to check that everyone's ok. That training is going ok etc. Also, if there are any of you having second thoughts about participating for whatever reason, let me know, so I can try and resolve or replace if necessary, I know what we're doing is a big ask, so if you decide the event isn't for you, then that's fine, but I just want to know that everyone's ok and committed, because to complete this event, we will all have to be."

Quicker than a tramp on a vacated bag of chips, came 8 replies, with various responses 'All good - been running into work with my bag on my back', 'Like a tramp around Chips - on it!', 'On it like car bonnet!', 'You can check the hair on my balls Karl when you get 5 mins' (obviously my personal favourite - thanks Brooky you dirty Yorkshire Teabagger), 'Just got this after 6 days of smashing myself on the slopes' (God some of the boys just Bitch!), 'Never in doubt', Not a quitter so I'll be there' and Coley offering everyone to tag along on his week 9 of endurance training for the Marathon! 8 replies however means there were 7 non-replies, of the 7 non-replies I know that 6 are busting a gut, in some cases quite literally! One remains a concern, luckily we do have a 'reservist'! Andy Tucker is our 17th member, and raring to go.........

The weekend saw myself do my Forrest Gump impression, Caz expecting me to go out for my standard 5miles on Saturday morning began to contemplate deploying a search party, when gone the hour I still hadn't fallen through the door, blowing a gale out of my backside. After 76 mins I appeared, obviously knackered and drenched in wet stuff, but openly triumphant. My MapMyRun app informed that I had knocked out 10.2 miles, a first for in excess of 10.2 years! Ollie completed his half-marathon event in MK, and clocked an impressive 1hr26, although he insisted he took it a little easy, back to standing on one hand whilst having a p*ss territory I fear! Adam is set to do a half-marathon at the weekend, so we wish him well. The week ahead I shall be out pounding the streets tonight, with some gym work Tues and Weds before another run Thurs and another run Saturday, before my darling little niece arrives for the weekend to give me the run around! Oh and maybe, just maybe, signing up for the Colchester Paras'10 event too..............

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's been emotional.........

Beyond the last blue mountain.....

30 days to go (no need to paniccccccccccccc)