Inspiration....

I have just returned from 2 weeks away with work, the 1st in Aberdeen and the 2nd in Sunderland, I kept up my base level fitness in the gyms that were available ( as Aberdeen and Sunderland are far to mountainous for my spandex clad workouts ) upon my  return after a week of nights,  I felt sluggish and unmotivated for any phys at all... and had banked on a fresh start on monday...

Then when sitting at traffic lights in Colchester I saw a flash of maroon weaving its away around the streets, It was a section of Paras in the full Kit out on a tab, bergens boots maroon t shirts the vert gear we will be donning in a few short months time. One of the lads seemed to be struggling and two of his oppos were pulling him along giving him encouragment, they were sweating heavily, hanging on out their hoops, yet they still found the energy to help the young lad... the lights turned green yet I didn't move, I waved the lads on and as they passed I felt a huge amount of pride and renewed motivation, so when I returned home, instead of resting on my laurels I got on my new boots and headed for friday woods for an hour of all terrain fartlek!  my boots have lost their cherry and are still shiny yet I know come september they will be worn and dull!

keep up the training gays!!!!

Peck

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It's been emotional.........

Beyond the last blue mountain.....

30 days to go (no need to paniccccccccccccc)