Are we taking this seriously?

With all of us geographically scattered around the country or globe as Banksy is currently in Canada, training together is difficult so training in most cases really is a solitary affair. These cold mornings especially in the centre of the country where are I am, don't feel you with enthusiasm, especially as at the moment, when you put your head out the door, it's like putting your face into the eye of the storm from the film 2012! But freeze our faces off we must, and every other piece of our bodies that may well be exposed, I guess at least Banksy must be used to it!

One person definitely missing out on the frozen apendages is John 'I'm leaving my trainers at home' Middleton, who flew out to Sri Lanka on 8th January for 5 days before exhausting himself with copious amounts of cocktail drinking in the Maldives for a fortnight. Not jealous at all! I just can't wait for him to get back, so that collectively we can introduce him to an ice bath - cheeky bstd hasn't even sent a postcard!

Kieron 'Bear' Browne turns 33 soon, and must have been, until this week at least, the oldest person in the world without an email account! Finally Bear has joined the technological age, there'll be no stopping him now, soon he'll be on 'Facebook' and then who knows 'Twatter'!

Garf has gone and bought himself some boots, but is refusing to get them dirty, apparently because they're nice and shiny, insisting he'll be running around the puddles, should be interesting when we drag him through a shallow river or two!

My personal training regime is just about to hit the ground running properly, for me personally, the last couple of years, exercise has taken a back seat, my advancing years has seen me hang up my football boots and my trainers, which now in hindsight was a mistake of epic proportions! The training isn't as easy as it used to be, but I'm a firm believer in 'nothing worth having is achieved easily'. Therefore, I'll get used to the aching limbs, sore muscles, and chaffing and try and stretch properly, as, so I'm constanly informed, at my age especially, should be undertaking stretching a lot more seriously - God, I may be nearly 40, but I'm not decrepid people! However, I'm not sure that stretching properly extends to Yoga and Pilates. I pride myself on being completely in touch with my feminine side, I've been known to wear a lot of pink, I cook (which now on reflection sounds misogynistic - which I'm not for any of you feminists out there) and I like to moisturise, but Yoga and Pilates? James this week is in Aberdeen on a course and remarked on our group page on FB -

Lets leave the Spandex to Women?!
"Good news chaps.... There's a gym next to my hotel which I get to use for free! Gonna do a bit of strength training on the old legs tonight followed by some yoga! ( if I stretch my legs they may get longer )"

Peckle limbering up?
Now I'm all for trying something new, but seriously I now have a vision of James (Peckle) in Spandex, and me and my big mouth throw down the gauntlet! What do I do, insult him obviously, I call him "GAY", which on reflection wasn't clever and I'm not for one moment insisting that those of us born as a result of XY chromosomes are automatically gay if you participate in a yoga class, but it's not manly is it (unless of course I find out that the boys from Merveille have introduced it into their fitness regimes), then I may well have to back track! Peckle insists your not gay, unless you wear Spandex (thanks for clearing that up). It's at that point, I throw down the gauntlet and instantly regret it, and wish I'd kept my mouth shut! Peckle then states he'll get someone to take pics of him limbering up, then Brooky pipes up and the Yorkshire Teabagger decides this sh*t just got serious! Now I'm not a fan of camel toes, and it strikes me that a man in spandex will render results far more alarming to the human eyes and brain, than a camel toe, but it appears it has now become Brooky's mission to be the first (and I'm hoping the only one of us) to have their picture taken in Spandex in a full class!

So in answer to my question - Are we taking this seriously? For me, unequivocally yes, any of us that are prepared to wear Spandex for the cause, takes this challenge on to a whole new level! The reward (Brooky insists) will be to be King for ever, Brooky my dear friend, if you do it, I will hero worship you forever and I'll never poke you or Peckle with a gay jibe again!

Comments

  1. Well im training 3 time's a week and gym every friday as thats free woohoo...

    Garfster

    ReplyDelete
  2. ah Karl, I failed in my venture to get any photos taken of myself in spandex, yet the pictures you hae sourced are pretty much bang on!
    talking of bang on! I have purchased my boots, and am wearing them as i type to wear them in!they are mega comfy and I feel if I wasnt so fat I could do the Para 10 tomorrow! I have been hitting the gym hard, and have been on a few out door escapades around friday woods, and thats not to partake in the dogging either! I figured rather than cane my shins on terra firma I shall train on terrain that we will be competing on!
    I will hang up the spandex and me as manly as I can for future training exploits :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It's been emotional.........

Beyond the last blue mountain.....

30 days to go (no need to paniccccccccccccc)