In memory of a True Hero, my brother, Cpl Lloyd Newell


On 16th June 2011 Cpl Lloyd Newell was fatally wounded by small arms fire, whilst on operations in Helmand Province, Afghanistan. Cpl Lloyd Newell is my little brother, my hero, a giant among men, a man who always went a little further. A husband, a father, a son, a brother, a brother-in-arms, a friend. A hero, to us all.

As a tribute to him, myself, and at the moment 8 friends (John Middleton, Garf Stock, Craig Ford, Kieron Browne, Jono Twohey, Paul Cole, James Davison and Gaz Brook) have begun training to take part in and complete the Paras'10 P Coy Challenge. This is our diary. The event will take place 9th September 2012, we have 11 months to beast ourselves into shape, to take on one of the toughest endurance races there is, to do my brother proud!

Further to taking part in this challenge as a tribute to Lloydy, we will be raising money for three wonderful causes, The Para Charity, Help for Heroes and my darling nieces trust. Please take the time to visit our pages on this blog, and know that should you want to contribute, every donation is gratefully received.

Please visit to see how we're doing, watch our progress, and encourage us along our way. Our heartfelt thanks.

Comments

  1. Alright chaps, I had my 1st training session with an ex Para PTI today....needless to say I am stiff as a board tonight but am looking forward to my next session on friday!
    James!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Session 2... hanging out my hoop after a 90 minute session at the hands of mr ex para PTI.... my head nearly exploded halfway through some weighted squats, then I remembered to breathe haha
    Ive put my self on a fat loss regime for 8 weeks before I start road running, so im getting fit to get fit so to speak! once i am fit ill post before and after photos so you all can have a laugh!
    Keep it up Lads!
    James Davison

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It's been emotional.........

Beyond the last blue mountain.....

30 days to go (no need to paniccccccccccccc)